Introducing the New Accushield Mobile Application
with Enhanced UI Features!
Whether you are a healthcare provider or a visitor coming to see a loved one, we know how important convenience is to you. The Accushield Mobile App enables you to complete the sign-in process before your visit so that you can quickly and easily be on your way. With advanced user interface (UI) technology, the kiosk recognizes your personalized QR code for a touchless sign-in process that is safer and easier than ever before. Health and safety is our top priority at Accushield, and we have successfully implemented 8,358 active kiosks within 6,270 buildings.
Based on your direct feedback and as a continuation to our user interface redesign, we are excited to announce our updated mobile application with an enhanced UI this July 2022.
“This is the next step in Accushield’s mission to putting accessible design in the hands of its users.”
~Eliot Bern, User Experience Architect
Why should I update my app?
This update introduces a new look and feel to the app, but there’s a deeper purpose behind the changes than may initially meet the eye. The benefits of the Accushield Mobile App redesign can be categorized into three primary pillars.
Our responsive design system leverages ISO standards and iconography providing a consistent, easy-to-use experience across devices and screen sizes. This includes:
- Optimized font sizes for readability on screens of varied sizes
- Consistent, clear internationally recognized iconography and screen layout
- Data entry captured in international standards order (ISO)
- Detailed graphics that have less load time and are 100% scaleable for any device
Designed to meet local, state, federal and international guidelines for accessibility, the Accushield mobile app meets US government and international compliance standards (ADA/US 508 and international WCAG 3 compliance). This “designed for all” approach includes:
- Colors that support visual acuity/impairment issues like color blindness
- Optimized contrast ratios to ensure all users can perceive the information on the screen
- Simplified, positive, and purposeful directional language to guide users through the sign-in process
This update helps guide users through the sign-in process in an obvious and efficient way.
Features that contribute to an intuitive user experience include:
- History record to track all previous actions and uploads through Sign-In and Screening Summaries
- Central navigation panel to view all app features in a single menu
- Consistent use of the same interaction patterns provides greater clarity for various functions reducing the learning curve required to perform a new task.
Already using Accushield Mobile?
Not using Accushield Mobile?
Don’t miss out! Download today at the App Store or Google Play!