The mission behind the Accushield team began seven years ago when Founder, Charles Mann was working as the Executive Director of a senior living community in Atlanta, GA. One of the major problems that he faced was the inability to be 100% positive that he knew exactly who was in his community at any given time.
As the Executive Director of a senior living community, Charles felt personally responsible for the safety of his residents, staff, and even guests who came into the community to visit their loved ones. It’s is common practice in senior living to have a paper sign-in book for guests, 3rd-party healthcare providers, and vendors to use when they came into the community, but there are many challenges that come along with only using a paper sign-in book.
- The paper sign-in book causes clutter and leads to a messy and unappealing front desk.
- It is challenging to read some people’s penmanship.
- Management never knows exactly how many people are visiting their community on any given day.
- The resident’s privacy is at risk.
- In an emergency situation, management has no idea who is accounted for in the community.
Being the Executive Director of a senior living community, Charles recognized the issues that the paper sign-in book posed. Through these issues, Charles and his team were able to develop the Accushield visitor management system which is specifically designed for senior living communities.
There are many reputable visitor management systems out there that are perfect for office buildings, hotels, colleges, etc. but Accushield is catered toward assisted and senior living communities. The team at Accushield has created functions that only senior living communities would need such as:
- Community Visitor Report s- Our web-based Visitor Reports give community operators real-time information regarding visitors, third-party caregivers, and residents.
- Online Visitor Ledger – The online visitor ledger gives communities an easy way to see the visitors that are in the community and the residents that are away.
- Credentialing Analytics – The Accushield Dashboard shows you which third-party caregivers have submitted clear criminal background checks and have been verified by the Accushield credentialing experts.
- Third-party caregiver and vendor analytics – The Accushield dashboard gives community management an easy way to create resident care reports based on analyzing private-duty caregivers, home health, and hospice activity.
- Evacuation management – Community managers can quickly access an online ledger of the visitors in the community and the residents that have signed-out.
Our mission is simple – to create a safer living environment by helping operators know the visitors, third-party caregivers, and residents that are in the community. If you’re interested in learning more about our services or how Accushield can help the staff in your senior living community, call (210) 262-8032 or (334) 201-1685 and one of our team members will happily assist you.